Monday, December 8, 2008

In Suva for 2 weeks....

Sorry I haven't written a post in a while, but things have been just a little crazy. I have been in the big city now for about 2 weeks now on medical hold. I am having some throat trouble and some sort of chronic virus in my blood stream that doesn't seem to want to go away after being on medicine for a month. So, I saw the doctor yesterday and they are talking about medically evacuating me to Australia for surgery to remove the rest of my tonsils. Though I had my tonsils removes when I was a little girl there are some portions still in the back of my throat that are getting easily infected because of the climate and pollution here in Fiji. So, right now I am on even more antibotics, which I am not happy about, and waiting for a reply from Washington D.C. to see what the next move is. But it's not looking promising. Either way I am going to have to get surgery and I am 24 yrs. old it's not going to be easy no matter what country we do it in. So, I have just been hanging around in the big city catching up on my Christmas shopping, resting, and eating really good food. I will keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

Alisha Kay.
Lets just say that i agree with your mother.
i think you should bypass all of that and come home for the surgery.
(ok i will now step off of my soap box)
Anyway... if you need anything please let me know.
-miss ya

Aunt Betty said...

Ditto