Sunday, December 14, 2008

My 5 days in the hospital.....

I am okay! I am feeling much better now and Washington D.C. has approved for me to have surgery in the States. I just needed to go to the hospital to get antibotics ran thru an IV for me to get better because the antibotics weren't working otherwise. So, i just got discharged and I will be staying in a hotel tonight thank god. Early in the morning my doctor here in the Peace Corps will call D.C. to confirm my traveling plans and details. It looks as though I will be having the surgery to remove the rest of my tonsils in Washington D.C. because they have all my records anf understand my situation. So, it should move much faster this way and I can get to feeling completely healthy again. I am hoping that I can get the surgery done and re-cooperate and be back in Parkersburg, WV for Christmas! I might be really out of it with I don't know a 16 hour flight and surgery Christmas might be a little rough. Especially when I am home and all the food I have been dreaming about will be around me I probably won't feel well to eat it because of my throat. But who knows. Well, that is the update that I have now. I will try to get to a computer before I get on the plane, but if not I will catch you on the flip side in America.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you are coming home for your surgery and able to get home for Christmas!! We would ALL LOVE to see you in Charlotte but I know you will want to spend time with your family and won't want to drive after your surgery. Good luck with that and we will be thinking about you!! You are going to have a hard time leaving again I think :) Raymond sends his greetings and tells you to stay home where you belong :)

Get well girl!!!
Luv
Caroline

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness this is the first I have checked your blogspot in awhile; I had no idea you were having your tonsills out!!!
I will def keep you in my thoughts and I hope you had an excellent Christmas with your family!!! Love you sooooooo much! Melissa