Sunday, October 19, 2008

One more week!

What's wrong with you people? No comments not even on my pictures. Come on now I know you got something to say. Well, I just have one more week til Chris comes! I can't wait I am going through all kinds of emotions. I do feel like my world will finally be complete after 5 months of it being a mess. My birthday is coming up too but that takes the back burning to Chris's arrival. I don't even care that I am turning 24 years old. Thank god cause if I did care I would probably be freakin out that I am turning that old. I am in town right now and coming from a soccer tournament this weekend. i scored a goal so now I am like a superstar or something. It was of course raining the whole game which you all know how I love playing soccer in the rain. I have some of my best games in the rain. It was the last game of the tournament and we had to win. I scored on the second half. For some reason the coach put me as Captain and so I called for ball and wanted the muddy side cause I thought is was more fun to play in the mud. One of the girls dribbled the ball down the line on the left side and crossed it over I was playing central midfield again which for sure suck at so I don't know why the coach put me there either. But one girl went to kick the crossed ball in the goal and I though for sure she was going to get it in but she missed and slipped in the mud and I was standing right there so I moved to get my head on it but I coudn't get under the ball so I hit it with my neck and it went in but I landed in the biggest mud puttle in Fiji. I was so dirty! The crown cheered and the team just laughed. I had so much fun. I think that the team is really getting used of me and I am starting to play and act like I usually do. So it feels good to be apart of that. Well, I need to get going. Dad I got your package in the mail and Aunt Beckie's but I haven't opened them up just yet. I like to wait til I get to my tin shack in the village it feels more like Christmas and all the kids are watching me and taking all the candy and stuff from America. I love you all and next time I post Chris will for sure be here! Love you Mom and Dad I espesially miss alot of people today! Thinkin of you all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey DUFF!! I just wanted to remind you that you are ONLY 24 and NOT 28 :) 28 and soon to be 29 in January - now that is OLD :) heheheh I hope you are truly doing ok. You are deeply missed around here. I know you have got to be jumping out of your own skin getting ready for Chris to come. Just to have someone come that is "familar" to you much less a loved one ;) I mean that would just drive me crazy waiting for him :) heheheh
By the way, I was thinking about you all week. I met a girl thru Mary Kay that found out some horrible news. She is a soccer enthusiast. She LOVES it and reminded me of you and Kels and Brittany. I believe she coaches at UNCC maybe and I know her husband is heavily involved in Soccer too. But anyway she is probably closer to your age then mine but she had torn her knee and had an operation months ago that would fix things and allow her to play professional soccer - which was/is her dream. She recently found out that she wasn't clotting and turns out she has a disease that isn't allowing her to clot and heal so she won't be cleared to play professional soccer. She was CRUSHED last week when she found out!!! I just thought about you over in Fiji playing and thinking about when I first met you and how you were always in soccer gear ready to go run for the ball at any time :)

Miss you much!! Keep posting - even if we aren't all typing, we are all reading :)

Caroline

Linds said...

Duff congrats on the neck goal haha, I'm glad that you are playing soccer over there, I think that's awesome! <3

rebecca said...

lol ok yeah be thankful your not 28. anyway sorry i havent wrote to you in awhile. Glad to hear your doing good.