Monday, August 25, 2008

Swinging on ropes like monkeys.....

So I am in town again for Tomasi's toe and I realized last night I forgot a few things. First I was talking to my Dad yesterday on the phone and he asked if I needed anything and at the time I couldn't think of anything, but now I have thought of some stuff. Like blow up pool toys like beach balls, tubes, small rafts nothing too nice just pool toys you can buy at the dollar store! I think that would be great for when the kids play in the river behind my house. They usually play with wet t-shirt and toss back and forth so beach balls would be great. Then I was thinking Sophia could use some dog toys cause she is biting the hell out of my hand. She it starting to get her teeth in and all she wants to do it bite and play and she is starting to get quite a bite on her. And she is turning out to be a good little guard dog barking at people when the come up to me. And I know my Mom as sent me a flea collar for Sophia which is badly needed for her but it would be nice to get her a collar to tie her up cause the big dogs and roosters in the village pick on her and I am afraid she is going to get into a fight and get really hard so I like to keep her tied up at night and while I am away from my house. Just a small collar she is still a lil puppy and not pink. Sophia is not a girly girl she is tough like me!

oh yeah, and of course I can always use batteries and hand sanitizer. Two things that are impossible to get reasonably in Fiji. The batteries last about i don't know 5 minutes.

oKay, and now the stuff I forgot to talk about. So behind my house the kids have been swinging off this rope off a cliff into the water. So I tried the other day and I played with is all day and at the end of the day I was doing backflips off of it like the guys. they we so amazed that I could do that. it was so much fun. I got pictures of the kids swinging but not me it's hard to trust someone with my camera near the water ya know what I mean. I also got pictures of the huge waterfall by the road before you reach my village. Tourists take pics of it all the time. So i will be putting that up soon. There is a picture of my climbing the waterfall like spiderwoman! And I am starting to have alot more time and I have been writing a lot of letters lately. So people be checkin your mail and write me back. I especially love cards with letters inside. I like to read them over again on a hard day. I hang them up in my room . cause I understand that sending a package is very expensive and often takes a while to get here. Don't forget my new address P.O. box 1141!

Oh and to add to my list of comparisons from yesterdays post!
#11) still sells RC cola!!!!

I think that is pretty much it. I feel like sometimes I repeat myself cause I can't remember if I have already talked about something or not. But once again Happy Birthday to Chris it is already the 26th here so I get to celebrate your birthday first! yay!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are doing ok there "Duff". We miss you here though and you better stop falling asleep and ending up in a room full of drunk men!!! I can't wait to see more pics of your adventures. Nothing much happening here. L&T is the same, not real busy right now but we are making it thru.

Can't wait to hear more from Fiji :)

Love ya
Caroline