Friday, August 15, 2008

Short post.....

I am so sorry this is going to short, but I had so much funny stuff to talk about that is going to take me a while to type up because ya know your girl types so slow, but I am doing well and keeping busy and have lots of interesting experiences a long the way. I went to a rugby tournament the last couple of days and that ended up being one of the most interesting experiences to come for sure I will give details later, trust. So stay tuned to the blog also my mailing address will be changing again soon because the p.o. box that I have right now is the village p.o. box and the headman of the village is supposed to check it on a regular basis and he is not so I am going to open up my own p.o. box so I can check it anytime I want. I am having my mail sent to Suva forwarded to my address in Tavua but for now keep sending stuff to my address to the left under the picture link on my blog. I will also be having a very funny post soon comparing Fijians (the interior Fijians not the coastal Fijians)and West Virginians soon! I was just thinking one day just how much Fijians and West Virginians have in common and it is very funny to me so I will be putting that up soon too! I hope you all enjoy it very much. I just have a few more things I need to add on the list that I think people will appreciate.

Things have been going okay I am getting a bit sick again I think I caught a bug in Nadala (the village where the rugby tourney was) so I get to see sam the spider on my toilet alot! I will get better though just have to let it run it's course. Anyways, big soccer tournament this weekend that I will be playing in so I am looking forward to that. I am sure I will stir up a lot of conversation being the only whitie playing. I sometimes feel like a caged animal being stared at my every move. and being asked if I am okay every freakin second as if I can't handle to tough life of being a fijian, though I get sick every two weeks I think I am doing a pretty damn good job thank you. I just wish people would treat me the same and not like a Queen from another country. I can't stand it and I feel bad cause I am kind of not in a good mood to people cause of how they treat me like they offer everything to me first and make sure I have something to sit on and lord forgive me if I sit in the sun cause of my white skin will burn but they are starting to realize that I am not burning that I turn burn just like them. As soon as I get it through their heads that I am a human being just like them and they treat me the same I will be doing much better mentally. But til then they have to adjust to me first. I am going to be here for a long time two years and I don't think they realize that I will be here for two years. And if there is no way they are going to keep treating me like I am new all the time or a tourist or that I married into the village and that is why I am living in Waikubukubu not a volunteer I might scream at something real soon! I have so much more to say but I have no more time left. I will try to come town again and put up what I have been writing about say please keep checking my blog it's going to good!

2 comments:

mom said...

Hi boo i am trying to blog again. so they think you are a queen i always thought of you as a princess like pocohontas. you will be browner than they are in a few weeks.
i hope you are feeling better. i hate when you are sick. let me know when you get your packages.
I know you will be a big help to the people in the village.
You might have set some rules or they will wear you out. be strong love mom

rebecca said...

I just had a thought when I was reading that you were sick again...
Is there TP in Figi?