Friday, June 27, 2008

6 more days to site announcement!

Thank you mom, dad, and chris for the fabulous packages!!! I am uploading picture(s) as I type. Wow, they take a long time. I might fall asleep at this computer and then someone will steal everything I have so I better hurry this up! I am sad I don't have a few hours to upload pics on my blog but when I am out of training I will be able to do whatever I want and I will be spending more time on my blog. First and foremost, I need to tell you guys what I got on my first language exam. I scored a novice high. I only have one more level to reach before I am able to swear in. If i don't reach that level I have to wait and study one more week in Suva and swear in a week after everyone else. So sad if that happens. But I am on the right track. I have to reach intermediate low. So, far I can hold about a 5 minute conversation in Fijian. I am so impressed with myself. I never thought I would make it this far. It takes time and hard work but it is worth it!Oh, boy I wish I knew the fastest way to get pics on my blog and I lot of them. I should have taken a computer class before I left. I am just chosing pics I think people will most want to see I guess. I am trying to get more pics that i am in so you guys know that i still exist. I went to buy my cellphone today, but the store was closed. Yesterday (Friday), was a long but great day! I got my great language scores we have a new teacher and he is great. I am not always mad and frustrated and we did a village workshop on waste disposal and people actually showed up even the chief (ray charles). Our chief is so cool. Anyways, we are starting a proposal to recycle in out village. People are very interested and motivated to do this. We made some phone calls and did some research and found a way to help them out. It seemed to be pretty successful and people are asking questions and were excited. We did this pretty early as far as our project but we realyl want to do another one and check for progress before we leave our host village. They are going to be putting up three huge bags one with cans, plastic bottles, and tin cans. The village can recieve money for recycling and it's free bags and pickup. the problem we are trying to deal with now is the rest of the waste and figuring out ways to have fundraisers to get the money for that pick up, but the village can collect a few dollars from each family in the village every 3 to 4 months to pay for it. Which isn't bad. So we have about a month left in the village so we can still help out any questions and encourage people to do this before we go. We want to come back and visit and see that they are still recycling!Then I came home and Rusi was so happy because the tonka trucks Dad sent in the mail. They treat those toys like gold cause they are from the States. And mom the candy you sent was gone in one day. Amazing and what kelsey's Dad would say (Dad#2) FANTASTIC!Oh my gosh my pics are almost done. I hope they work. I can finally put pictures up on a regular basis. I might not have time to put captions with the pictures yet but I will in time. Sorry! Thank you for everyone responding to my blog. I love reading responses and seeing how everyone is doing.

We had Iron Chef day today and my team won! Now that i think about it I have been on the winning team for everything so far. Weird. Anyways I have pics of that and so on. I hope all is well and enjoy the pics!

No comments: