Friday, June 13, 2008

5 more weeks left to go.....

Okay, well i just had my first pizza in like a month! so good! We went to a high chief's funeral today and it lasted like 3 hours. i fell asleep like 50 times. We had to dress up in black and not talk for 3 hours it was really hard. So, we were all depressed and decided to go to town to relieve some stress and get some american food, aka pizza. Well, last weekend i couldn't get to a computer because I made the mistake of showing my host mom how to make grill cheese sandwiches. I bought a block of cheese the other day because I had not had any chese in forever so i was just nawing on it and i had some left over so I gave it to my host mom. the other day she was like what should i use the rest of the cheese for and I was like grilled cheese baby! So i showed her and then I have to make 15 more for the rest of the village. then I showed her how to make a western nest egg (that's right mom). it was a huge hit !!! SO i had to make 12 of those so i was cooking all weekend. But the western nest eggs are a big hit in the village everyone is trying to make them. I love the fact that the only contribution I have made since I have been here has been the gift of cheese. My friend Kendall and I are going to be riding a riding a cow soon so that should end up interesting. I have been sick for like 8 days now as far as my stomuch goes but I am on antibotics so it should clear up soon. i hope. My language class still sucks but it should be resolved by monday. our days are so packed that I have no time to myself or to do anything productive. i have a picture that I am goin to try to upload but it has been pretty slow but it is a picture of me in a jaba (chamba) and the group of the coolest people i work with everyday. I love them! Okay i am going to try the pictures soon. I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Laleh said...

"The Gift of Cheese" the best gift you could give anyone in my opinion!! You know I LOVE cheese too!!! It is awesome to hear that you are teaching them all how to cook. Now everytime they make grilled cheese sadwiches or western nest eggs they will always think of you!!