Saturday, May 17, 2008

Leavin' for Columbus!


Well, I have to say I am pretty impressed with myself! I don't want to brag or anything, but I am under my weight limit for my baggage. Of course, domestically American Airlines has changed their checked baggage policy, but the Peace Corps will reimburse me the extra charge on the second bag. A person can only check one bag instead of two like before. I am only allowed 50 pounds on the larger bag and mine weighs in at 46 in half! The second bag can be 30 pounds and I weigh in at 28 in a half. I feel like a load of bricks have been lifted off my shoulders knowing that I am under the weight limit. So, I am about to go to Columbus, OH tonight and spend the night at a hotel by the airport and wake up at around 5am to get to the airport for my flight leaving at 7:50am to Dallas, TX. There I will switch planes and fly the rest of the way to L.A. I am excited and nervous about meeting everyone in my group in L.A. The ones of have met already on the internet seem nice. Well, I am not sure when I will be able to get to a computer again before I leave for L.A., but I hope to get a hold of one before I fly out to New Zealand. So, I can give you all the scoop on the people in my group! That's right we are flying to New Zealand first before we get to Fiji. A 13 hour flight, I don't know why cause if you look at a map it just seems a lot easier to just go straight to Fiji, but what do I know. So, we will be spending almost a day in New Zealand before we actually get to Fiji. Well, I'm off and I will keep in touch.

2 comments:

Beckie said...

Alisha,
I'm glad that we were able to spend some time together the last two days you were home. You are such a beautiful & loving person. Your parents had a big job raising you, Jason and Jeremie but they did a fantastic job and I am so honored to be your aunt. I hope you keep safe and out of harms way. I am very proud of what you're doing. I know this is breaking your mom and dad's heart for you to be so far away from them but they are absolutely the proudest parents on the planet.
Take care, miss you already - love you always!! Beckie

Melissa said...

Duffster!! I have officially checked out your blog! I am so glad that I got to talk to you today- the right day and more importantly the right month!!!! I am so happy that you are following your dreams and I hope you get to sit next to someone cool on the plane :P
Lots of luv, Melissa