Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My last post....

I'm sorry it's been a long time since I have posted anything. But I am home now safe and sound. I was officially medically separated on Feb. 2, 2009. I was in Washington, DC for 45 days for a medical evaluation. I may possibly have rheumatic fever which eventually turns into rheumatic heart disease. I am feeling fine now and I am happy to be home with my family. I am not able to return to Fiji to finish my service. Peace Corps thought that it was too high of a rick for me to return due to my susceptibility to get strep throat especially with my living conditions in Fiji and my job. I am always around sick people being a Health Promotion volunteer and I am in and out of the Sub-division hospital in Tavua at least 3 or 4 times a month. The chances of me getting worse while being in Fiji are twice as likely to happen due to my immune system and how often I was sick over there.

I am currently applying for Americorps to use what I have learned from the Peace Corps and help people locally. I am very excited about this adventure I hope to finish this time. I have finally posted up the last of my pictures from Fiji. They are from Chris's visit to saying goodbye. I really hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and my experience in Fiji. I truly miss everyone I have encountered in Fiji and hope one day to return to Waikubukubu and be able to switch on a light bulb! Thank you for all your support.

2 comments:

LoriLeigh said...

Hi Duff! I just got the link to you blog off of Facebook a few weeks ago, so I've been reading up on your trip. I'm really glad to hear you are home safe and sound. Hope everything works out for you and you get to continue serving in some other aspect.

kb said...

i'm glad you're doing americorps! sounds awesome. wish you were here though! FRE-6 FOREVER. moce.