Friday, May 23, 2008

In Fiji!

Thank you chris for the last post. Well written! I am made it to Fiji. I thought that I would never make it. I am in town for only a few minutes. Next week I will be moving out of the place that we are all staying together as a group into host families. I don't have much contact to the outside world here, but i will be trying to find a public phone when I get to my host family village. We started language yesterday and of course I suck and get extra attention because I suck so bad. I love it here by the way!!!! The Fijian people are the kindest people I have ever met. This town that we are in is very busy and I felt really stupid walking around with the bucket I just bought and soap to start handing washing my clothes. I took a great cold shower in the dark last night. I don't mind the cold showers it feels good in the heat. We are actually in the cooler season right now, but for us it feels really hot it doesn't get lower than 70 degrees. I am sharing a bunk bed with another girl. Oh yeah, the other day I was in Auckland, New Zealand at 11:30 am i was drinking a margarita in a Mexican restaurant while Country Roads started playing in the background. WOW!! Made me feel at home ya know of course everyone thoght I was crazy when I got up and started singing all the words. I have so much more to say but I don't have time. Just know that I love it here and i miss a lot of people. You are all on my mind and wonder what you guys are thinking. Chris, mom, and dad I am going to find a phone later tonight. i think I found one the other day but the cord was cut. I miss you guys so much. I think I just want to hear some voices, but I really do like it here and i feel like I have alot of challenges ahead of me with languages and my techincal stuff with health. Oh yeah, I played some soccer with a plastic dodge ball the other day in a long skirt I scored 2 points. It felt good to move around and get some evercise. Okay, I have to go anf catch the bus back to the place we are staying. I drank some kava not bad tastes like dirty water and it does make your tough numb but not for long. You don't feel drunk just sleeping and dizzy. Love you all and I am thinking alot about home trust me. I feel safe and well taken care of.

3 comments:

Boonix said...

Thank you so much for posting an update. I know it was tough for you to find a computer. I'm glad that your okay and I hope you get a chance to call me tonight. I LOVE YOU and I will be sending something special to you in the mail here soon

Laleh said...

Hey Bookie!!! i am sooo glad you made it there safely! I Loved reading your blog! You had me cracking up,especially when you were talking about playing soccer in a skirt. Cause I can sooo see that! Way to score 2 goals and make me proud. LOL you know what i just had a flash back of.... us all playin soccer at Myrtle beach. Man that was a good times especially when we would wipe out. That old couple defintely enjoyed laughing at us!

Anyway, I am sooo happy to hear that things are going well! I have soo much to tell you about our Reality Shows! Do you want me to email you some summaries and juicy details!? Let me know on here if you ever get a sec! Love ya like WHOOOOA (Joey Lawerence style!) MUAH

Cindy said...

Hey, Just checking on you, glad to hear you are doing okay. Take care